About Gardener Blogging Contests:
Each contest will be announced a month in advance, in order to give everyone a chance to create their best post ever and for the sponsors to promote the contest.
Why submit to the contest?
We don’t just give away awards to the winning contestant, we choose and award all contestants.
Cash prizes: Based on the amount of sponsors there are, and we have a lot of sponsors. The prizes also depend on the amount of participants each contest has.
- 1st Place – 30% Sponsorship Cash + $100 Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place – 20% Sponsorship Cash + $75 Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place – 15% Sponsorship Cash + $40 Gift Certificate
- 4th Place – 10% Sponsorship Cash + $25 Gift Certificate
- 5th Place – 5% Sponsorship Cash + $20 Gift Certificate
Free gifts: Greenhouses, Hydroponics, Compost Equipment, Garden Containers, & More!
How do I get started?
- Think about writing the gardening tutorial that you always wish existed.
- Draw up a rough draft and have friends go over it with you, making it better.
- Finally, when your post is done, log in to your account and submit the post for publication.
- An administrator will review it, making sure it meets all of the submission guidelines and contest rules, then it will be published and promoted throughout our garden network.
- All posts must be 100% authentically written by the person submitting, the article must be completely unique and not published anywhere else on the internet.
- You may not use images that do not belong to you.
- You may not use profanity or vulgarity in any way.
- Posts must be a minimum of 1,000 words and no more than 5,000.
- You are allowed to link externally 3 times, but only once to the same website. Each hyperlink should be a different resource, and a resource of high quality. Low quality outbound links can cause your post to be denied approval and contest disqualification, this is a definite grading factor.
- By submitting to this contest, you acknowledge and are in agreement with all terms and conditions, contest rules, and submission guidelines.
Who decides the winner?
There is a combination vote between the visitors and readers, the contest sponsors, and the people decide the winner by a measure of response throughout the web and blog-sphere.
- To make it a fair contest, we were inspired by the United States system of checks and balances, therefor the people will count for 33% of the vote, the sponsors 33% of the vote, and the last 33% to Whitney Segura.